Back to school means homework
and the Library has a resource to help with the homework blues!
By accessing the Library’s HelpNow! online resource from your home computer, students can receive help from a live tutor 7 days a week from 1pm to 10pm. Students just need to enter their grade level and the subject they need help in, and within minutes they will be connected to an expert tutor. All you need is a Buena Park Library card to use this valuable service. You can access HelpNow! from the Library’s website at www.buenaparklibrary.org.
Besides live online homework help from expert tutors, HelpNow also provides:
- Live Skills Building: live tutoring to help students with specific academic skills such as improving reading comprehension or mastering long division.
- Writing Lab: helps students become better writers by providing constructive feedback within 24 hours of receiving a student’s writing submission
- Test Center: take practice tests (SAT, ACT, GED and more) and practice subject specific tests such as math or science.
- 24/7 Help: submit a question any time and a tutor will respond within 24 hours
- Foreign Language Lab: receive live online help with foreign language homework
- Adult Education Center: receive live online help in areas such as US Citizenship testing, resume and cover letter writing assistance.
- Spanish Speaking Service: Spanish-speaking tutors are offered to assist with the same subjects and hours as English-speaking tutors.
Additional Online Resources That Provide Help With Homework Assignments: All you need to access any of these resources is a Buena Park Library card.
- EBSCO Host: Contains full text magazine articles for research papers. Databases are specifically tailored for a student’s age group (elementary to high school).
- Orange County Register Archive (1987-current): Provides full text articles on local news, issues, events, people and much more from current and archived issues of Orange County Register.
- Mango Languages: Students can use this database to reinforce and provide extra practice of learning a new language.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: This is a database of encyclopedias, almanacs, and specialized reference sources ideal for assisting students with report writing that were once only available in the library.
- Learning Express: Gives students the opportunity to take practice tests for the SAT and ACT. This database also has grade level tests to help students improve their math, English and reading skills.